Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some Sweet Prose

Ok, I lucked out. When I was considering putting something "thoughtful" in the blog earlier today, I really had no idea what it would be, just that the blog needed a bit of tenderness. Cue The MomPack! It was like some unseen hand guided a wonderful email to me and when I went to check out my fellow mom's blog, lo and behold a beautiful gem was there! So, this is for all of you, courtesy of the generosity of Lisa Hawkins of mypumpkindoodle.com

After A While
Author: Veronica A. Shoffstall

After a while
you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't always promises and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and and your eyes ahead with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure, that you really are strong and you really do have worth and you learn and you learn
with every good-bye you learn.

**************************
This one touched me.

Thank you Lisa for letting this hang on your wall for years and bringing it to life at your site and allowing me to pass it along here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Can you say Scottish? Business professional, single mom, patriot, student, who is always striving to enjoy life to the fullest! Every minute is precious and I love learning new ways to participate through the wisdom of others.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    Powered By Blogger